Solar energy, primarily through solar photovoltaics, is one of the leading sources of renewable energy generation globally. With highly competitive levelized costs, innovative technology and business models and the ability to provide flexible and scalable renewable energy both behind the meter and at the utility level, the sector is poised for continuous growth.
FTI Consulting works across the solar value chain, including with manufacturers, developers, utilities and financial investors, drawing on years of experience. We are an industry leader in providing corporate finance and strategic advisory services within the solar sector and have worked with both leading and innovative emerging companies in the space.
We have strong experience in the US market as well as global reach, having represented stakeholders in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa and Asia. Our deep knowledge enables us to identify the unique opportunities and challenges of this constantly evolving sector and informs all of our engagements.
A sample of the breadth of our service offerings in the Solar space is represented by the following:
- Financial Advisor to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors for one of the world’s largest solar project development companies
- Chief Restructuring Officer and sell side M&A advisors for a global solar, developer EPC contractor and owner-operator
- Interim management including President, Treasurer and Chief Operating Officer for a 110 MW CSP project
- Strategic Advisors to a major financial investor looking to assess Solar + Storage opportunities in the European C&I Market
- Chief Restructuring Officer for a large proprietary turn-key solar system manufacturer in the C&I market space
- Financial Advisor to the creditor’s committee of a large solar O&M and development company