As the dominant renewable energy source in the United States and the third most prevalent worldwide, onshore wind will remain a leading power-generation technology for cost-effective, flexible-scale development over the next decade.
Sustained annual reductions in cost, improvements in performance, support from taxing authorities, and the ability to couple installations with storage technologies have yielded competitively priced wind energy that has attracted and will continue to attract interest from utilities, corporate purchasers, public, and private investors.
From structuring transactions to addressing development challenges to repowering assets, we provide full life-cycle consultancy services for current owners, prospective owners, offtakers, and financiers who invest in the onshore wind asset class. In addition to working collaboratively with asset owners and related stakeholders, we have been engaged by parties throughout the value chain, from assisting leading manufacturers in developing digital energy management solutions to partnering with regulatory agencies to create incentive programs that incentivize development of onshore wind energy resources.
A sample of the breadth of our service offerings in the Onshore Wind space is represented by the following:
- Chief Development Officer of a wind repowering
- Strategic advisor to the world’s largest wind equipment manufacturer in exploring market entry and product expansion
- Strategic advisor a leading original equipment manufacturer on the development of its digital solutions platform
- Sell-side M&A advisor for the sale of a repowered utility-scale wind farm
- Financial advisor to a senior lender on a dislocated wind asset
- Financial advisor to the tax equity investor on a distressed wind asset
- Expert witness in an international arbitration on behalf of a turbine manufacturer regarding damages associated with various loss factors
- Interim head of FP&A for a wind developer
- Sell-side financial due diligence provider for a multinational asset owner