Chris Post specializes in providing capital markets advisory, interim management, performance improvement and turnaround services to utilities, equity sponsors, lenders and project developers in the thermal and renewable energy sectors.
Mr. Post’s work focuses on advising companies, creditors and equity sponsors during periods of strategic transformation. He has led numerous engagements covering buy- and sell-side M&A, capital raising, interim management, balance sheet and operational restructuring, business plan development & review and valuation. Representative engagements include:
- Serving as Interim Treasurer and VP of Finance for one of the largest Independent Power Producers in the United States, providing strategic advisory services during more than $1 billion of project financing activity for a portfolio of gas and oil-fired generation assets; led all treasury, credit and risk management functions of the company;
- Advising an equity sponsor during the recapitalization of a 1.1 GW CCGT power facility in PJM;
- Advising a consortium of project finance banks on capitalization negotiations with the project sponsor of a 166MW ERCOT wind project during project re-contracting;
- Serving as strategic and M&A advisor to a project finance bank on the sale of a 114MW wind farm in the SPS zone of SPP;
- Serving as buy-side advisor to a multi-national energy conglomerate during its bid to acquire a national network of fueling stations for alternative fuels (including hydrogen, renewable gas and electric charging infrastructure).
Mr. Post has worked closely with major financial institutions, private equity sponsors and alternative capital providers including: JP Morgan, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, Citi, Deutsche Bank, Barclays, Morgan Stanley, MUFG, Macquarie, Investec, CIT, Citizens Bank, Sumitomo, Carlyle, GSO Capital Partners, SVPGlobal, Ares, Silver Point, Blackrock, GoldenTree, Platinum Equity and Ontario Teachers Pension Plan.
Mr. Post has held formal board and interim management roles on numerous occasions, including serving as Board designee, CFO, Treasurer and VP Finance for various client portfolio companies. Mr. Post has also led operational and financial due diligence reviews on behalf of private equity and commercial lending clients, with areas of focus including market assessment, offtake negotiation and procurement, counterparty credit assessment, supply chain, cost optimization, synergy diligence and valuation.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Post spent over seven years in the corporate credit division of Bank of America Merrill Lynch. During that time he participated in the origination and syndication of over 50 high grade and leveraged debt transactions, with principal responsibilities including due diligence, transaction structuring, credit underwriting and portfolio management. During his tenure with BAML, his industry focus included energy infrastructure and telecommunications. Additionally, he spent over three years in the bank’s large corporate restructuring group. He began his career in the commercial banking division of Comerica Bank.
Mr. Post holds a B.B.A. in Finance and a B.A. in Economics, with honors, from Southern Methodist University. He is also a CFA charter holder.